· 2 cups unsalted, uncooked nuts (i.e. cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios)
· 1 cup seeds (i.e. chia seeds, pepitas, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds)
· 1 cup shredded coconut
· 2 cups grains (puffed corn, puffed rice, rolled oats, puffed quinoa)
· 1 pinch salt
· 1 cup dried fruit (i.e. sultanas, currants, raisins, blueberries, chopped pineapple, chopped apricot, goji berries)
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1/4 cup molasses
· 1/4 cup oil
· Espresso (optional) - 1 tsp coffee with 1 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven to 190oC
2. Mix together nuts, seeds, coconut, grains and salt
3. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
4. Pour wet mixture onto dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Spread evenly on a lined baking tray and roast for 10 minutes.
6. Mix and return to oven for 5-10 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
7. Remove from oven and immediately mix in dried fruit.
8. Allow to cool before storage in a container in pantry
· Oats can be a problem for people with gluten sensitivities/coeliac disease. Use alternative grains.
· Serve with Greek yoghurt with some berries or chopped fruit.
· Pulse nuts or crush slightly using a mortar and pestle if cooking for small children.
· Blackstrap molasses is a great source of iron and one of the more nutritional sweeteners. It is still very sugary though!
· Substitute honey for agave nectar or sugar for a vegan version.
If you loved the recipe you can find more from Anna on facebook here:https://www.facebook.com/askanutritionist.anna/?pnref=lhc
And on Instagam here: https://www.instagram.com/askanutritionist/