COCONUT KEFIR WATER
It was time today to change my coconut water kefir!
Kefir is a fermented drink and is full of amazing health benefits. Other recognised Kefir drinks are made with sugar water (1/4 cup sugar dissolved in 1 litre water) and Milk Kefir. I avoid dairy products and refined sugar so using coconut water makes sense! Plus coconut water is also full of amazing health benefits.
Coconut kefir will enhance hydration and recolonize your gut and mucous membranes with healthy strains of beneficial microflora. It supports your digestive tract, and assists healing your gut from health issues such as blood sugar imbalances, sugar cravings, weight gain, poor immunity, low energy and digestive disturbances.
Making Coconut Kefir is simple
- Find a wonderful friend who has spare grains (grains continue to grow and multiply as they feed on the sugar in the coconut water)
- Place the grains into a clean GLASS jar. (Do not use metal utensils when handling your kefir grains).
- Pour in 1lt of your favourite coconut water. I love JT's coconut essence!
- Sit for a few nights and you will start to see bubbles rise. This is proof your Kefir Grains are working!
- When your ready to change your water use a plastic sieve to drain the liquid and repeat the steps.
- I then keep my Coconut Kefir in the fridge and drink a glass a day!
Alternatively you can grab Kultured Wellness Kefir Starter Cultures which takes most of the hassle out of creating your own coconut kefir. Their cultures are shipped in liquid form and there is no soaking or temperature monitoring required. Sparkling kefir is achieved through a one-step fermenting process, where the culture is added to the coconut water and is left on the bench top to work its magic. You can buy Kultured Wellness Kefir Starter Cultures here.